Here are just some of the warning signs your auto glass may be improperly installed.
When it’s time for a new windshield, getting it done by professionals is crucial for peace of mind. But what if it’s not done right? Here are some signs to watch for:
10 WAYS TO KNOW IF YOUR WINDSHIELD IS INSTALLED CORRECTLY.
• Water Leaks: A properly installed windshield should keep water out. If you spot leaks near the dashboard, contact your installer immediately, if they can not, or will not take care of it, give us a call, we’ll get you in right away, explain the problem and fix it for you quickly and inexpensively. Des Moines temperatures can fluctuate quite rapidly, you want to get this taken care of before moisture gets in a freezes or swells making things worse.
• Noticeable Wind Noise: Properly installed windshields should reduce road noise. If you hear excessive wind noise, especially at high speeds, it could indicate an installation problem.
• Rattling Noise or creaking windshields: IOf the old adhesive was Improperly removed, or the new glass glue was applied incorrectly, it can cause all manner of noises from squeaking, to rattling, to buzzing, vibrations, whirring sounds, etc. can cause rattling sounds, especially on bumpy roads or higher speeds. You may notice the sounds change with different temperatures, as well.
• Rippled Glass: Smooth, even glass is what you want. Rippled or uneven surfaces are a sign of poor quality.
• Wiper Issues: If your wipers don’t glide smoothly across the glass, it could indicate a problem with the windshield.
• Uneven Sealant: The sealant around the edges of the windshield should be smooth and uniform. Gaps or bulges could mean a faulty installation.
• Visible Damage: Any scratches, chips, or cracks in the windshield post-installation indicate poor handling or installation.
• Loose Moldings: Moldings around the windshield should be secure. If they’re loose or coming off, it’s a sign of a problem.
• Loose windshield or loose auto glass. Does your windshield seem loose, wobbly or just not tight. If you press on it and it moves, there’s most likely something wrong!
• Uneven Alignment: The windshield should be aligned perfectly with the frame of the car. Any gaps or misalignment suggest an improper installation.
Always ensure that the company doing the auto glass installation is certified, insured and reputable. Feel free to check out our stellar reviews. We aim to please!
If you notice any of these warning signs, don’t ignore them. A flawed windshield installation compromises your safety. Contact the installer immediately to address the issue.
At Super Low Price Auto Glass in Des Moines, IA, we prioritize your safety. Our experienced professionals ensure quality installations using top-notch glass.
Call us at 515-299-9000 or visit our website for guaranteed expert installs. www.superlowpriceautoglassiowa.com
Super Low Price Auto Glass.
#WindshieldSafety #AutoGlass #RockChip #ChippedGlass #RoadSafety #WindshieldReplacement #DesMoinesIA #SafeDriving #QualityInstallation #MobileService #ExpertTechnicians